This easy, one-pot meal is perfect for weeknights. Dinner will be ready in about an hour and a half, but most of the cooking time is inactive, giving you time to tidy up, help your kids with homework, or sit by the fire and unwind like I did tonight.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced thin
- 3 raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 4-oz. container vegetable cream cheese
- 1 10.5 oz. can golden mushroom soup
- 1 1-oz. package dry Italian dressing mix
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, melt butter on medium heat. Add green onions and sauté until tender.
- Add chicken, cream cheese, soup, dressing mix, and chicken broth. Stir to combine, cover, and simmer on low for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Break spaghetti into thirds and stir into sauce. Cover and simmer until spaghetti is al dente, approximately 15 minutes.
- Garnish with grated parmesan and serve.